Saturday, September 7, 2013

PHOTO SHOOT: Drappeggio Bagnata






SOMETIMES INSPIRATION HAS TO PERCOLATE BEFORE WHATEVER YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE TAKES FORM.

Let me nutshell this: So several years ago I saw some ancient marble sculptures in Italy. They depicted women; serene and otherworldly, gazing mysteriously through wet, draped fabric. The official tour guide told us sculpting in this manner, creating this believable and magical illusion, indicated the highest mastery level for sculptors. He called it, “Drappeggio Bagnata (Italian for wet drapery). I registered his words drifting around behind me without taking my eyes off the art. That was in 2005. In the meantime, I never, ever forgot how they looked and how I felt about them.
Strange Beauty










While these images are more modern, in some ways, they still seem like images that would be hard to assign a specific date. Looking ahead, I have an old silk military parachute to utilize for an upcoming addition to the series. Stay tuned!




(click this link to see the entry - with more photos- on the Little Village Website where I craft a weekly Style Blog)


No comments:

Post a Comment